Sustainability Mission to Chile
April 13-23, 2020
Smart City | Green Energy | Transportation
Business Oregon and Prosper Portland have teamed up to lead a group of Oregon companies to Santiago and Valdivia, Chile to meet with local municipalities and private companies interested in learning about Oregon’s technologies in these industries:
- Air, water, and waste and recycling technologies.
- Renewable and energy efficiency technologies.
- Smart Cities – planning, smart building, sensor technologies, and infrastructure.
- Smart transportation, such as electric vehicles, car-share programs, charging stations, railway and subway systems, e-bikes and e-motorcycles.
- April 13 - Depart Portland, Oregon for Santiago, Chile.
- April 14 - Arrive in Santiago.
- April 15-17 - Government briefings, company presentations, tours, and B2B meetings in Santiago.
- April 18-19 - Travel to Valdivia.
- April 20-21 - Meetings in Valdivia (or other according to B2Bs).
- April 22 - Return to Santiago. Return option 1: fly out in the evening.
- April 23 - Return option 2: fly out today.
Companies are encouraged to arrange B2B meetings with the US Dept. of Commerce in Chile. Small Business Administration (SBA) grant funding from Business Oregon will help to offset the fee for the service as well as travel costs for the mission. Eligible expenses include: participation fee, airfare (maximum $500), and hotel and food per diem for up to two employees. Grant information can be found at https://www.oregon4biz.com/Global-Connections/Export-Promotion/.
The following is an estimate of your after-grant cost, saving more than $3,000:
|Airfare per person
|Hotel per person
|Food Per Diem per person
|Oregon Mission Fee per company
|Gold Key Service Fee per company (assuming 2 days for a small-sized business)
Contact us for more information:
Sunun Setboonsarng Sunun.Setboonsarng@oregon.gov
or Alexa Byers email@example.com (Non-Portland area)
Pam Neal firstname.lastname@example.org (Greater Portland)